.: Omnious Prowess :.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.: Omnious Prowess :.

Forum Website for the Omnious Prowess Nation.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New to the community? Don't know where to start? Want to make the best of OPN? Go >>here.<< Information about protecting yourself from all kinds of things is also here~!
Do you play Arctic Combat? Want some WCoins? Earn some in Delicate's Tourny, hosted by MorningWood crew, 2,000 WCoins 1st, and 1,000 2nd. Delayed Till Further Notice >>here<<
Got contructive criticsm? Feedback? Ideas? Or more regarding the Nation's Forum site? Leave it >>here<<

Computer failure.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GrifPunk

Honor and Prestige : 0

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 4:35 am

So I am constantly dealing with crashes and restarts. Every time I start my computer it will either instantly restart and reboot within one minute or it will give me the "blue screen of death" and restart. I did a factory restore because of this and other signs before the screen. Things were unresponsive activity was weird as if I had a Trojan. So I hit the bullet and did a restore. During restore it completely froze up and I had to do a hard reboot. Restarted the restore and it completed that time. Since then I have had sporadic behavior. Random restarts blue screen of death and all at random times. Anywhere from 5-30 minutes after boot up without fail. This all started when I woke up. My screen was black and nothing I did made the computer respond. I did a hard reboot and it took about 5 tries to get my computer to "work." If there is any way that this can be fixed I would love the help.
Back to top Go down
6thBlackWing
Novice
Novice
6thBlackWing

Honor and Prestige : 3

Wraith Card
Willpower:
Computer failure. Left_bar_bleue50/50Computer failure. Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
Health Points:
Computer failure. Left_bar_bleue100/100Computer failure. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm

The most possible cause of this, is that you recently installed something in-correctly. I would probably un-install anything recent within an week & re-install. 

Before any of this try to get the BSOD again & record the main line then look online for a possible cause.

If that doesn't work, I would do a safety mode boot, by start>run>msconfig>boot tab>safe boot w/ "Minimal" selected & starting a full computer virus scan of all the programs you have. If they find nothing you've either found an advanced stage virus(has infected your computer almost completely), or you have another problem.

If this doesn't work, I would go into your computer & remove your RAM Sticks(How to Handle your RAM Sticks), clean them(blow them off w/ a product like, Compressed Gas(at the same time I would take a look inside for excessive dust))& replace them once you have also cleaned the sockets for the ram sticks

If this doesn't work, try a clean install(windows cd & commence installing a new copy of windows) your Files WILL BE PRESERVED(Don't know if they do it for windows XP - haven't used it in a long time.) in a file called, "windows.old" in your default hard-drive.(before doing so it is recommended to move all files that you want to keep on your desktop, so it's easier to move them over) 

C:\windows.old\users\accountname\desktop(example)
Back to top Go down
GrifPunk

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:29 pm

I have already done a fac
Back to top Go down
GrifPunk

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:30 pm

I have already done a factory restore. Even after all the cleaning and updates and uninstall this problem is still going on. Everyone I have spoken to says it is a registry error. But I am not sure how to fix it. (Please ignore any tips I can't see what I am typing)
Back to top Go down
GrifPunk

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Typos*
Back to top Go down
6thBlackWing
Novice
Novice
6thBlackWing

Wraith Card
Willpower:
Health Points:
Computer failure. Left_bar_bleue100/100Computer failure. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:36 pm

registry error for what program

but 

start>run>regedit

don't delete the wrong thing, or you will be seriously screwed.
Back to top Go down
GrifPunk

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:45 pm

I have no idea what I am looking for is the problem
Back to top Go down
GrifPunk

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:34 am

Well whatever it is my computer went go on the internet anymore
Back to top Go down
GrifPunk

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:34 am

Won't*
Back to top Go down
6thBlackWing
Novice
Novice
6thBlackWing

Wraith Card
Willpower:
Health Points:

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: RegEdit   Computer failure. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:33 pm

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-the-Windows-Registry-by-Hand

btw there is a edit button on the top of your post, so you don't have to re-post small stuff.

Last edited by 6thBlackWing on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
6thBlackWing
Novice
Novice
6thBlackWing

Wraith Card
Willpower:
Health Points:

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:35 pm

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

has a registry cleaner
Back to top Go down
GrifPunk

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm on my phone so I don't have an edit button also I cleaned the registry my OS was corrupted. I need a new OS now I tried turning it on last night and my OS isn't there
Back to top Go down
GrifPunk

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Whatever this is its deep and its eating all of my programming
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer failure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer failure.   Computer failure. Empty

Back to top Go down

Computer failure.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.: Omnious Prowess :. :: Nation - Tools & Technical Support :: Tech - Protection and Maintainance-
Jump to: